Hosts Health: How to Stay Fit While Traveling
At Hosts Global Alliance the health of our employees is a top priority. That’s why we outfitted our team members with Fitbits so they can track their steps while on sales calls, site inspections, and working at events. We know our teams can be a competitive bunch, so we hold friendly competitions throughout the year to keep the momentum going.
The health of our team isn’t our only focus…we want our clients to be healthy too! Here are a few tips on ways you can keep healthy while you travel:
– Fitness to go. Pack a few small exercise accessories that can make working out in your hotel room a cinch. A jump rope, for instance, hardly takes up any space, doesn’t add much weight to your luggage, and can be great for cardiovascular exercise. You can also pack resistance bands for strength training.
– Squats, push-ups, and crunches are very easily done in a small space, like your hotel room.
– Pump water, not iron. If you want to try lifting weights but don’t have access to a gym (or just want to stay in your room), grab some bottles of water and do your weight-lifting sets with those.
– Walk the halls. Long hallways and corridors in your hotel can double as a great walking space. Just walk up and down the hallways when you need a little activity.
– Take the stairs. If you want to get your heart pumping, all you need is the hotel staircase. Rather than using a stair-climbing machine in a gym, try the real version right in your hotel.
– While you’re in a new city, why not check it out, and get some good exercise in the process. Do some sightseeing on foot. You’ll do a ton of walking before you’ve even noticed it.
These are just a few of the many tips to staying healthy on the road. Get moving and you just may end up getting fit in the process!